Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Banana Bread

  Ever since my Nana started making banana bread, I have become addicted. Not only is it delicious, but it also a healthier alternative for other baked goods. Unlike cake, I never feel bad after I eat it because it's somewhat healthy. I mean, there are bananas in it...that counts. 
  Anyway, on to the recipe. 

- 3-4 Ripe Bananas

- 1 Cup of Sugar

- 1 1/2 Cups of Flour 

- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter

- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt

- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda

- 1 Egg

- 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream or Applesauce 

- Chocolate chips, walnuts, etc. (however many you want)

I know what you are thinking; "Sour cream, applesauce?" Yes! If you don't already know, both of these ingredients will make the bread more moist.

  Preheat your oven to 350°F. In a bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients. Pour mixture into a buttered (9x5) loaf pan and bake for an hour. When it is finished baking, let it cool, remove it from the pan, and enjoy! 

Fresh out of the oven!




No comments:

Post a Comment