Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Quinoa Chicken Salad

      On the blog today is personally one of my favorites! A quinoa chicken salad. It is a very healthy yet hardy option. I hate it when I try to be healthy, so I have a salad, and it never fills me up! So hopefully this will fill you up!

Here's the recipe:

-1 cup quinoa
-3/4 cup diced chicken
- 4 Tbs chopped red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbs basil
-3/4 cup your choice of cheese (goat, feta, or mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup diced avocado

Dressing:
-2 Tbs lemon juice
- 6 Tbs olive oil
-salt and pepper to taste

So those are the ingredients, but feel free to personalize it to your own likings!

Directions:
To begin this recipe start by following the directions on the quinoa. It is a 1:2 ratio, so I used 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water. While the quinoa is cooking, I like to get started on the dressing. Mix all the ingredients together! Its as simple as that! You can also start measuring out all the other ingredients and setting them aside. Once quinoa is done, mix in the dressing and let it cool. Once cooled add the rest on the ingredients, mix it all together then your done!

Quinoa Chicken Salad

2 comments:

  1. wow, I tried this and I've never tasted anything like it! Truly phenomenal! I kept the recipe basic and followed your instructions and must I say, best quinoa salad I have ever fell upon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum...I can't wait to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete